Karolina Skraskova, born 6th Jan 1987
> Since Mar 2013
> FOM-Institute AMOLF, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biomolecular Imaging Mass Spectrometry group
Researcher in life sciences - analytical chemistry, Ph.D. student
E-biobanking with imaging for healthcare.
> Since Oct 2011
> Charles University in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Pharmaceutical analysis: Modern trends in HPLC(-MS) in analysis of biologically active molecules.
> Oct 2006 – May 2011
> Charles University in Prague, Prague, CR
Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
M.Sc. Student, Pharmacy
Master thesis > Investigation of reactivity of a skin allergen limonen-1-hydroperoxide with amino acids and identification of adducts by LC/ESI-MS/MS.
> Sep 1998 – May 2006
> Grammar School of Luděk Pik, Plzeň, CR
Final exam Czech language, English language, Biology, Chemistry
OTHER EDUCATION - PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENCE RELATED
OTHER EDUCATION - SOFT SKILLS
> Am I a good boss?
Ing. Rastislav Zachar, Business Success
> Communication and argumentation II, ThMgr. Theodor Klapetek, ACSA University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic; link
> Communication and argumentation I, ThMgr. Theodor Klapetek, ACSA University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic; link
> Mentoring, Coaching and Negotiating for Results, Dr. Eddie Fisher, ACSA University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic; link
Czech > native, English > proficient, German > usual conversation, Italian > used to be fluent, have forgotten a lot, though, at the moment, very basic knowledge, Dutch > promised myself to learn while being in Amsterdam
OTHER EDUCATION - LANGUAGE COURSES
> Jul 2007, 2 weeks > Scuola Leonardo da Vinci, Milano, Italy; Italian
> Jul 2006, 4 weeks > Dilit IH, Roma, Italy; Italian
> Jul 2005, 4 weeks > Hansa Language Centre, Toronto, Canada; English
> Jul/Aug 2004, 2 weeks > Cork English College, Cork, Ireland; English
> Aug 2003, 2 weeks > British Council, Plzeň, Czech Republic; Intensive summer course, English
> Jul 2002, 3 weeks > West Bohemian University, Plzeň, Czech Republic; International Summer Language School, English
OTHER EXPERIENCES FROM ABROAD
> Aug 2008, 2 weeks > Skopje, Macedonia; participant of Student Exchange Programme organised by the Association of the Czech Students of Pharmacy and the International Pharmaceutical Students‘ Federation (IPSF), practice in a public pharmacy
> Aug 2007, 3 weeks > Stephanskirchen, Germany; CAPA Papier- und Karton- vertriebsgesellschaft, GmbH, practice in a company selling special offer of papers, cardboards etc., business communication with the subdivisions in the Czech Republic and in Italy
OTHER CAREER EXPERIENCES
> Jul 2011 – Sep 2011
Pharmacist in a public pharmacy, Devětsil JST s.r.o., Plzeň, Czech republic
> Nov 2006 – Nov 2008
Academic senator, Faculty of Pharmacy at Charles University
HOBBIES AND PERSONALITY
- Science and Pharmacy >> learning new things and discussions
- Sports >> running, road-bike, swimming; racewalking 2007 - 2012, in-field athletics (2001 - 2007), I love nature hiking.
- Blogging >> about science and travelling, sharing experiences
- Books >> fantasy series (Tolkien, Sapkowski, Martin, Rowling), US literature of the first half of 20th century is my favorite (Hemingway, Steinbeck, Kazan, Ruark), I like also other belletry; philosophy, philosophy of science (Kuhn, Gaarder)
- Movies >> I like to watch films which demand a certain level of thinking. (Requiem for a ream, Black Swan, Revolutionary Road, 9th Gate, Midnight in Paris, 3-IRON, White Massai)
- Ballet >> I am pretty much fascinated by any dance and good music (classic, rock, funky, jazz...)
- Jewelry and textile art and other creative stuff >> I used to do a lot of that at grammar school, since than I cannot force myself to find proper time for this type of activity. But I still fancy it.